AV GROUP TECHNOLOGICAL PARTNER OF THE NATIONAL RESEARCH CENTRE FOR AGRITECH
The Group makes its technology and experience in traceability, inspection, and data analysis technologies available to meet the needs of the Agritech sector
Antares Vision Group will be involved, in particular – jointly with the Italian Institute of Technology, the National Research Centre, and numerous Universities around Italy – in two projects.
Discover the Antares Vision Radio, click here to listen to this article:
Antares Vision Group signed an agreement with the National Research Centre for “Agriculture Technologies – Agritech” at the Federico II University of Naples as a technological partner in releasing its solutions within the scope of smart digital innovation, software platforms, digital twin systems, tracking and serialization technologies, drug and product origin and certification technologies, quality inspection with computer vision, and IoT sensors and data analysis, also and especially by leveraging Artificial Intelligence.
THE GOALS OF THE PROJECT:
The Centre is financed with EUR 477 million by the European Union in the framework of the NextGenerationEU program. Following a precise analysis of the innovation requirements of the agricultural sector, it intends to operate to sustainably increase productivity, deal with food safety needs, and reduce the environmental impact under changeable climate conditions, formulating five research goals:
- resilience (improve sustainable productivity and promote resilience to climate change),
- low impact (reduce waste and the environmental impact),
- circular (development of circular economy strategies),
- recovery (sustainable development of marginal areas),
- traceability (promote safety, traceability, and typicity in the agri-food production and supply chains).
ANTARES VISION GROUP INVOLVEMENT:
Antares Vision Group is the executing body where the various equipment is located, and the research activities are carried out (going under the name of Spoke).
It will be involved, in particular – jointly with the Italian Institute of Technology, the National Research Centre, and numerous Universities around Italy – in two projects.
- The first, “Measuring, recording, and modeling environmental impact data,” will develop predictive models and tools to guarantee the resilience and sustainability of animal husbandry systems, particularly systems that support, in real-time, the decisions of farmers and livestock breeders.
- The second, “Measuring GHG emissions and other environmental impacts: sensors, predictive process modeling, and other ICT technologies,” will be used to ascertain the quality and traceability of products, as well as develop food and sustainability certification by applying the analysis of multivariate experimental data models.
The objectives include:
- Identifying the carbon footprint, the greenhouse gas emissions, and other environmental impacts of agricultural processes;
- Measuring, monitoring, and comparing the efficiency of corporate processes by applying sensors, predictive process modeling, and other ICT technologies in advanced pilot structures.
- Lastly, creating a measurement system by integrating and making available data and metadata to support the food quality, safety, authenticity, traceability, and sustainability of production systems.