Robo Quality Control System – ROBOQCS
The ROBO-QCS is an innovative automatic robotic system to monitor the quality of the product. A single platform can simultaneously carry out non-destructive inspections such as weight and volume control, correct cap application by measuring torque and application angle, the concentration measurement of gases in the headspace (e.g., CO2, N2, etc.) and micro leaks.
The Robo-QCS can do these inspections simultaneously by a robotic arm picking up samples from the production line and inspecting them in an automatic analysis station through non-destructive tests. These controls are required by law or necessary to optimize and satisfy internal processes and procedures. Compliant samples are automatically reinserted in line. It is not necessary to change the production speed of the line, and no operator intervention is needed.
The inspection and quality control on the samples are performed in real-time in the automatic analysis station next to the production line, which replaces the manual checks carried out on the line.
The data is automatically time-stamped and correlated with the efficiency of the filler and the correct operation of the capper (CP and CPK). It is possible to instantly recalibrate the upper packaging equipment in the event of deviation from specifications, monitor trends over time, and plan targeted and punctual preventive maintenance.
- Weight and volume control
- Checking correct cap application by measuring torque and application angle
- Measuring the concentration of gases in the headspace (e.g., CO2, N2, etc.)
- Micro leaks detection
- Simultaneous and non-destructive analysis
- Advanced data analysis
- CP and CPK [Capability Process Index]
- Automatic and continuative sampling
- Pick and place system patent
- Date and time reports
- Production records
- User-friendly interface
- Monitor the product process and optimize the line efficiency
- Recalibrating filling valves that do not fill properly
- Evaluate the correct application of the cap
- Check the filler and the capper at the same time with the immediate possibility of maintenance
- Reducing the production loss
- No variability due to the operator when making measurements