MEDICATION MANAGEMENT PLATFORM: COMBINING PATIENT SAFETY AND PERFORMANCE EFFICIENCY WITH 4.0 TECHNOLOGY FOR SMARTER HOSPITALS
According to the OECD about 20% of healthcare spending makes little or no contribution to improving people’s health.
In such a context, the pandemic emergency has highlighted existing criticalities and played a role as an accelerator, forcing the system to respond immediately and as effectively as possible.
Discover the Antares Vision Radio. Click here to listen to this article:
English Version – Italian Version
Antares Vision Group, technological partner of excellence in digitalization and innovation for companies and institutions with a complete ecosystem of technologies to guarantee product quality (inspection systems and machines) and product traceability along the supply chain (from raw materials to production, from distribution to the consumer) through integrated data management, has developed a Digital Healthcare innovative solution for automating drug and medical device logistics, which eliminates or reduces activities that do not generate value for the patient while introducing a new paradigm of process efficiency for healthcare providers.
The Medication Management Platform eliminates non-value-added activities that can help hospital systems optimize the time of medical and nursing resources to focus on patient and patient safety.
WHAT THE MEDICATION MANAGEMENT PLATFORM IS
The Medication Management Platform allows the complete traceability of the flow of medicines and medical devices, combined with automation systems to improve efficiency and operational excellence within healthcare institutions.
The combination of automation systems and traceability allows for the better management of reorders and stocks, both at the central and peripheral level, avoiding the waste of materials due to expiration.
The MMP is a single, interconnected platform designed to:
- implement the full end-to-end traceability of drugs and medical devices inside the hospital.
- allow the complete visibility of processes.
- track therapy workflows for enhanced patient safety.
INSIDE THE WARD: HOW IT WORKS
The Medication Management Platform can relieve operators from the most demanding and repetitive tasks, such as preparing the therapy cart and searching for drugs to be administered, allowing them to focus their energies on the actual ultimate goal: the care of patients.
- The medications administered to each patient are retrieved from their prescription records just before staff begins their round.
- The automated cart docks to the automated cabinet to load the medications required for the round and unload those that are not.
- As the nurse starts the round, scanning each patient’s wristband, their exact prescription appears. Then the correct drug or drugs are automatically retrieved from inside the cart until the administration is complete.
The entire process is automated, and all operations are traced: which drug was administered to which patient, at what time, and by whom.
THE MEDICATION MANAGEMENT PLATFORM WELCOMES THE HOSPITAL OF THE FUTURE
The Medication Management Platform provides real-time visibility of the logistics and the dispensing process at every stage, connecting the stocks from the central pharmacy to the ward and anticipating all drug needs for optimal inventory management and operational planning.
- END TO END VISIBILITY: To ensure through GS1 standards for traceability and end-to-end visibility of the medical product supply chain to guarantee the five rights of medication administration: the correct dose to the right patient at the right time from the right caregiver through the valid route.
- RESILIENCE AND PROCESS EFFICIENCY: To increase staff performance and efficiency in inventory management, for more resilience due to emergencies in medical supplies or staff members.
- RESOURCES OPTIMIZATION TO FOCUS ON PATIENT: To ensure a smart-connected ecosystem through innovative technologies for automation and digital transformation, helping staff facilitate their daily activities and release them from paperwork to focus on what matters: the care of patients.
Recently, the solution has been shown in Bologna at XLIII SIFO National Congress and at Logfarma, in Milan.
The Medication Management Platform will be out in the market in 2023.