Decoration Defects Inspection – Inline – ORION G6
The In-line inspection system ensures the quality of beverage cans, performing an inspection of the decoration of the container in-line. It detects cut blanket defects, incomplete UPC codes, color defects, pattern defects, print misregistration, and ink spots/water stains prior to reaching the filler.
Orion G6 inspects 100% of two piece cans on the production line at manufacturing line speeds providing complete 360º coverage of the can. Orion G6 creates a pristine unwrapped color image of the entire can surface and compares it to the reference image. Any differences – spatial defects, color shifts, registration, UPC degradation and fabrication flaws in the printing plates – are flagged, and out-of-spec cans are rejected.
- Imaging speeds of up to 3,000/ppm
- Real-time decoration display
- Remote-mounted flat-panel touch screen user interface
- Sealed low-maintenance enclosure
- Remote diagnostic monitoring and control
- Ease of use: intuitive, simple technology and easy-to-understand graphics
- Pattern defects, color deviations,
- ∆E color measurements, print misregistration
- Incomplete UPC codes, ink spots/smears and water stains