Sealing Surface and Base Inspection – VOLCANO SSB
The In-line inspection machine checks the quality of glass containers, performing an inspection of the sealing surface and base. It detects chip finish, wire edge, over press, line overs, blisters, base stress, vision plug, vision dip & saddle.
Volcano® is a state of the art, multi-station inspection suite for glass containers. Utilizing patented illumination and inspection techniques, Volcano systems provide a broader look at the quality of a container. Mold-correlation and defect classification, coupled with an in-depth statistical analysis, provide a deeper understanding of defect root cause.
- Sealing surface (1 camera + multispectral illumination)
- Bottom-up mold number reading (BMNR)
- Base (1 camera + multispectral illumination)
- Base stress (1 camera + monochromatic illumination)
- Plug (1 camera + monochromatic illumination)
- Vision dip (6 cameras + monochromatic illumination)
- Chip finish, wire edge, over press, line overs
- Blisters, base stress, vision plug, vision dip & saddle.
Volcano utilizes patented inspection solutions and high-resolution color cameras to give a new dimension to sealing surface and base inspection.
Volcano combines programmable lighting and high-resolution color cameras to inspect the most complex of containers. This unique inspection strategy makes light work of containers of all shapes and sizes without contact or rotation.